Experience: 1st year, 3rd quarter
Practice: Creating computational artifacts, Testing and refining computational artifacts, and Communicating about computing
Concept: Algorithms, Control, Modularity, and Program Development
(complete each step before moving to the next)
1. Create a storyboard
2. Sign in and create a superhero(ine) project
a. Game resource: Starter guide made by Scratch
b. Story resources:
i. Starter guide made by Scratch
ii. Transition scene
c. Resources for custom sprites:
i. Video: Image editor: Bitmap mode (5:16)
ii. Video: Image editor: Vector mode (5:00)
iii. Guide: Adding sprites outside of Scratch
3. Add in comments
(practice your debugging skills by solving these bugs)
1. Why does Super Scratch Cat stay whirly after transforming?
2. Why does the transformation cloud appear on the wizard instead of the people?
3. Why does Anna transform with Champ99 instead of on her own?
4. Even more debugging exercises
1. Why do the flying objects not move across the screen toward Super Scratch Cat?
2. Why do the buildings keep changing size and costumes while moving across the screen?
3. Why don't we see the flying objects, but we lose a life each time the wizard creates them?
4. micro:bit required Why are the micro:bit player controls so slow?
5. Even more debugging exercises