Social Media Strategist and Content Creator
Do you enjoy visualizing and creating exciting and engaging content? Do you love telling stories creatively through different platforms? Do you believe in the power of computer science education and making an impact on students' and teachers' lives? Then this is a chance to work with the dynamic team at BootUp Professional Development to make “CS for All” a reality.
BootUp is currently seeking a full-time creative, self-motivated professional to help drive social media activities and support our marketing efforts. The right candidate will be a passionate and creative self-starter, eager to engage in new projects and simply get stuff done. They'll be excited about working with a small but growing team that is passionate about CS for All. This position reports to the Marketing Manager and is fully remote.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Writing, reviewing, editing, and updating content for BootUp’s website, blog, and social media
- Staying up to date on current trends, developments, and perceptions on social media and computer science education in the K-5 space
- Using social media to engage educators and superintendents and promote company initiatives and news
- Collaborating with Marketing Manager to establish campaign objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems
- Monitoring social media and company website metrics
- Utilizing SEO methods to increase site traffic
- Suggesting new ways to promote company offerings and reach district CS influencers, teachers, and superintendents
- 3+ years of proven work experience creating strong, engaging content.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, or a similar field
- A portfolio of applicable work
- An understanding of SEO best practices
- Attention to detail in writing, proofreading, and editing
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Video filming/editing and graphic design experience are a plus, but not required
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply!
BootUp PD, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We know diversity makes us stronger and we are committed to maintaining an inclusive and welcoming environment for all our applicants and employees. BootUp is committed to equal employment opportunity [regardless of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, or disability]. BootUp PD is an E-Verify Participant.
What We Offer/Benefits/Why Work with Us
We are a dynamic team working towards equitable computer science education. As a Social Media Strategist and Content Creator, you will earn $55,000 - $65,000 depending on experience, as well as:
- Fully remote workspace
- Unlimited PTO to recharge and refresh
- An allowance to set up your at-home office with the necessary equipment
- A monthly allowance for home Wi-Fi and cellular phone expenses
- Flexible working hours - we trust that our team can manage their time and will get the job done
- $950 per month allowance for health insurance, dental insurance, and/or vision insurance
- Simple IRA plan matched up to 3% of total compensation by BootUp PD
- Opportunities for further learning and development
- A culture of acceptance and inclusivity
About BootUp Professional Development
We prepare and empower teachers and implement elementary coding and computer science programs nationwide in order to reach ALL students, creating equitable access to 21st-century skills.
BootUp PD is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that has worked with over 60 school districts to implement elementary computer science, supporting over 3,500 teachers and reaching over 220,000 students around the country. BootUp’s teacher lesson plans, interest-driven coding curriculum, and resources are available for teachers and students at no cost at www.bootuppd.org.
Please email your resume, portfolio, and tell us what your favorite piece of content is and why to email@example.com.