Professional Development Facilitator
Professional Development Facilitator
BootUp is seeking a full-time Professional Development Facilitator to join our team to help develop confident and self-efficacious teachers to bring computer science and coding to ALL elementary students. How would you like to extend your influence far beyond your classroom or school?
Professional Development Facilitators will report to our Associate Executive Director and are the crucial on-the-ground educators supporting districts and teachers. Extensive travel to districts nationwide is necessary along with the ability to lead engaging professional development virtually. You should enjoy working with and supporting teachers and be comfortable adapting based on feedback from districts. A great candidate will be eager to seek out and participate in learning opportunities to continuously improve and stay knowledgeable about best practices in this quickly changing field.
Successful applicants will have:
- Integrity and professionalism above and beyond the norm
- Strong commitment to equity in public education
- Demonstrated success teaching in K-8 schools
- Prior experience leading in-person and virtual professional development for K-8 teachers or teaching adult learners
- Experience with K-8 computer science content, particularly in an educational setting
- Keen communication skills – both written and verbal – and the ability to coach people
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, including the capacity to coordinate details, multi-task and generate creative solutions
- Ability to travel and an excitement about experiencing different locales and cultures
- Willingness to learn and flexibility for change
- Self-motivation and the ability to perform independently
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience
- Provide high-quality, engaging professional learning for teachers in both in-person and virtual settings
- Document professional development and coaching through notes, photos, and/or video.
- Work with and develop school district instructional coaches and continuously improve offerings for instructional coaches
- Communicate with district administration, instructional coaches and teachers on plans and commitments from professional learning
- Create and update individual district action plans
- Facilitate collaboration within local professional learning communities of teachers of coding
- Receive and implement feedback from multiple sources
- Share and learn with others in the field
- Stay up to date with CSTA K-12 Framework and other CS Standards
Relocation is not necessary.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Clark Merkley, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
About BootUp Professional Development
We prepare and empower teachers and implement elementary coding and computer science programs nationwide in order to reach ALL students, creating equitable access to 21st-century skills. This mission statement provides an overall scope or purpose for doing what we do. Every school district we work with, every project we work on, or every person we collaborate with in some way helps us achieve our mission. If we achieve our mission, our vision of “[e]nsuring ALL elementary students learn to code by empowering teachers” will happen.
BootUp PD is a nonprofit and an IRS Section 501(c)(3) organization that has worked on elementary computer science implementations in over 50 school districts, supporting over 1,500 teachers and reaching over 150,000 elementary students around the country. In addition, our free coding curriculum and resources are being used on every continent except Antarctica! We will impact thousands of elementary teachers of coding and hundreds of thousands of elementary students in the coming years and by joining our team, you will be able to assist with expanding our impact and continuing to improve upon what we offer.
We strongly value and prioritize being honest and having strong principles for doing what we do. Integrity is consistently one of the first values we want to be known for as an organization and as individuals.
BootUp's successes over the years are a result of our ability to collaborate on a team with diverse backgrounds, expertise, opinions, perspectives and experiences.
We are constantly striving for innovative and creative solutions that assist with our overall mission and vision. This includes everything from our approach to professional learning to highly engaging interest-driven, project-based curricula.
Part of our success is because our approach is not only based on educational research, but from extensive feedback from a variety of sources. We actively seek out feedback that continues to refine what we do.
Flexible and Relevant
We believe that computer science education is not only growing at a rapid pace, but is iteratively changing over time. We try to stay flexible and relevant by keeping up-to-date on the latest research and practices in computer science education.
Inclusive and Welcoming Culture
All of us at BootUp genuinely enjoy not only the work that we do, but who we work with. We come from varied backgrounds and cultures that are shared and embraced among the team.
Engaging and fun!
Not only do we try and make the professional development and curriculum engaging and fun, but our work environment and collaborations, as well.
Simple and Iterative
We don't like to make things overly complicated. By keeping things simple, we are able to focus on fine-tuning our approach over time in order to continuously improve what we do. This iterative process is similar to the Japanese concept of "kaizen ( 改善)," which encourages team members to think through and share opportunities for improvement. If you can do something better with even fewer steps, you have captured the essence of this simple approach.
BootUp PD, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We know diversity makes us stronger and we are committed to maintaining an inclusive and welcoming environment for all our applicants and employees. BootUp PD does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, or disability. BootUp PD is an E-Verify Participant.